On March 18, 2022, the newly installed Bishop of the Gaylord Diocese, Jeffrey Walsh, participated in an interview with Father Scott Lawler. The full interview can be heard at the following link:
Highlights of the interview include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The Bishop’s dog – how he bought him and how he came to name him Sam.
- The interest Bishop Walsh has in being a marathon runner.
- The ethnic flavor of Bishop Walsh’s parish assignments in the Diocese of Scranton
- The various roles Bishop Walsh played in the Diocese of Scranton: Vicar, Pastor
- Bishop Walsh indicated an interest in nurturing vocations for the Diocese of Gaylord
- Bishop Walsh was asked and he discussed what his feelings were with regard to the Fr. Medlin scandal
A deep discussion into spirituality, the sacraments, and various crises in the Church were not discussed. Hopefully, Bishop Walsh will be able to tackle these and other leadership issues as he shepherds the Diocese of Gaylord.