The Diocese of Gaylord is once again supporting the disgraced Catholic Relief Services. Bishop Jeffrey Walsh is promoting this coming weekend’s special collection for Catholic Relief Services in a letter to the faithful of the Diocese.
Catholic Relief Services is an organization with a troubled track record of sponsoring and involving itself with anti-Catholic activities around the globe. This has been documented repeatedly. We feel it is important to notify the faithful of the Diocese regarding this troubling development before the special collection.
Gaylord Diocesan Watch has written extensively about the connections between Catholic Relief Services and contraception/abortion promoting organizations in the past. This is summarized in an article by the Lepanto Institute. An excerpt from this article reveals the following data:
- Catholic Relief Services Referral Network in Nigeria Included Planned Parenthood Associates – 26 March 2020
- From 2013-2018, CRS implemented a project in Nigeria called SMILE which created a referral network that included several pro-abortion organizations, including two that were affiliated with Planned Parenthood.
- Catholic Relief Services Caught in Contraception Indoctrination Scheme – 13 April 2020
- CRS implemented a program called DREAMS, which was specifically designed to promote and distribute condoms and encourage the use of other forms of contraception.
- Catholic Relief Services Used/Promoted Pornographic, Contraception-Promoting Curriculums – 04 May 2020
- CRS purchased and implemented two comprehensive sexual education curricula that include the promotion of condoms and contraception.
Bishop Walsh stated the following in his letter: “Your support of Catholic Relief Services is lifechanging for our brothers and sisters as they face these unimaginable circumstances. Thank you for doing what you are able to support such a worthwhile cause.” Perhaps it is life-changing to support Catholic Relief Services, like ending the life of a person through abortion or ending the life of the soul through contraception.
If you believe that the Diocese of Gaylord should not support the disgraced Catholic Relief Services, please contact Bishop Walsh:
Bishop Jeffrey Walsh
611 W. North Street, Gaylord, MI 49735